- Maria Krivega has joined our group on February 1st, 2018, to pursue her postdoctoral project on the mechanisms of autophagy activation.
- Maria Berueza joined our research group to perform her Master thesis project.
- Stefanie Meissner will work on her Bachelor thesis project.
Congratulations to Simon Braun und Julia Doerr. Simon successfully finished his studies at the University with Master thesis "Proteomics and Phosphoproteomics of G1/S Transition in aneuploids". He just recently started his new job as a Project Manager in Roche Diagnostics in Mannheim. Julia finished successfully her bachelor thesis "Validation of the factors that limit proliferation in human tetraploid cells identified in esiRNA screen” and continues with Master studies at the TU Kaiserslautern.New paper summarizing our research on miRNA in aneuploid cells was just published in BMC Genomics:
Duerrbam M et al: The deregulated microRNAome contributes to the cellular response to aneuploidy (http://rdcu.be/I5dt)
Two more papers published:
Viganó C et al: Quantitative proteomic and phospho-proteomic comparison of human colon cancer DLD-1 cells differing in ploidy and chromosome stability.(http://www.molbiolcell.org/content/early/2018/02/21/mbc.E17-10-0577.full.pdf)
Storchova Z: Sphingolipid Turnover Turns Over the Fate of Aneuploid Cells. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29477508)
- Galal Yahya Metwally joined our group on December 1st, 2017. Galal has received Georg Forster Research Fellowship from the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation to pursue his postdoctoral project in our laboratory.
- Sara Bernhard has joined our group for Master Thesis.
- Paul Menges has joined our group for Master Thesis.
- Hannah Otto has started her Bachelor Thesis.
- Two more papers from our large collaborative projects on aneuploidy - ITN grant PloidyNet:
Libouban et al. 2017 Stable aneuploid tumor cells are more sensitive to TTK inhibition than chromosomally unstable cell lines;In Oncotarget
Domingues PH et al. 2017 Cellular prion protein PRPC and ecto-5'-nucleotidase are markers of the cellular stress response to aneuploidy; in Cancer Res
- Results of our collaboration with the research group of Angelika Amon (Massachussets Institute of Technology) were just published in Cancer Cell:
Single-chromosome Gains Commonly Function as Tumor Suppressors.http://www.cell.com/cancer-cell/pdfExtended/S1535-6108(16)30599-2
- Milena Dürrbaum, our last student in Munich, successfully defended her PhD thesis on March 10, 2017. Congratulations! Milena continues in her scientific career as a postdoctoral fellow in Genentech, California.
- Maja Kneissig joined our group on March 1st, 2017. Maja received her PhD in 2016 and will now pursue a postdoctoral project.
- New paper from Markus Räschle and his collaborators in Boston at Harvard Medical School was published in Genes&Development: CRL2Lrr1 promotes unloading of the vertebrate replisome from chromatin during replication termination.
· Two new papers summarizing the work of Markus Räschle together with the collaborating group of Niels Mailand (University of Copenhagen) were published in Nature Cell Biology:
SCAI promotes DNA double-strand break repair in distinct chromosomal contexts
Activation of the ATR kinase by the RPA-binding protein ETAA1