PhD and Postdoctoral Positions
- Galal Yahya Metwally joined our group on December 1st, 2017. Galal has received Georg Forster Research Fellowship from the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation to pursue his postdoctoral project in our laboratory.
- Sara Bernhard has joined our group for Master Thesis.
- Paul Menges has joined our group for Master Thessis.
- Hannah Otto has started her Bachelor Thesis.
- Julia Doerr has joined our group for Bachelor Thesis.
- Two more papers from our large collaborative projects on aneuploidy - ITN grant PloidyNet:
Libouban et al. 2017 Stable aneuploid tumor cells are more sensitive to TTK inhibition than chromosomally unstable cell lines;In Oncotarget
Domingues PH et al. 2017 Cellular prion protein PRPC and ecto-5'-nucleotidase are markers of the cellular stress response to aneuploidy; in Cancer Res
- Results of our collaboration with the research group of Angelika Amon (Massachussets Institute of Technology) were just published in Cancer Cell:
Single-chromosome Gains Commonly Function as Tumor Suppressors.http://www.cell.com/cancer-cell/pdfExtended/S1535-6108(16)30599-2
- Simon Braun has joined our group for Master Thesis.
- Milena Dürrbaum, our last student in Munich, successfully defended her PhD thesis on March 10, 2017. Congratulations!
- Maja Kneissig joined our group on March 1st, 2017. Maja received her PhD in 2016 and will now pursue a postdoctoral project.
- New paper from Markus Räschle and his collaborators in Boston at Harvard Medical School was published in Genes&Development: CRL2Lrr1 promotes unloading of the vertebrate replisome from chromatin during replication termination.
· Two new papers summarizing the work of Markus Räschle together with the collaborating group of Niels Mailand (University of Copenhagen) were published in Nature Cell Biology:
SCAI promotes DNA double-strand break repair in distinct chromosomal contexts
Activation of the ATR kinase by the RPA-binding protein ETAA1