Juniorprofessor for Computational Systems Biology
- since March 2016 : Juniorprofessor for Computational Systems Biology at the University of Kaiserslautern
- 2015 -2016 : Group Leader at the TU Kaiserslautern (Germany)
- 2011 – 2015: PhD student in the group of Dr. Michael Schroda,
- 2008 -2011: PhD student in the group of Dr. Michael Schroda, Max Planck Institute of Molecular Plant Physiology
- 2002 – 2008 : Studies of Biology (Major Biochemistry) at University of Freiburg (Germany)
Major Research Interests
The capability of biological systems to respond to environmental changes is realized by a complex dynamic adjustment of the interplay between genes, proteins and metabolites. For a deeper understanding at the systems level, we need to study the structure and dynamics of cellular and organismal functions rather than the characteristics of isolated parts of a cell or an organism.
The main focus of our group is the application and development of computational methods to process and integrate quantitative biological data from modern high-throughput measurements to gain novel insights into plant acclimation responses. Therefore, we want to drive theory and technology forward with a combination of biological science, applied informatics and statistical approaches.
- Schroda, M., Hemme, D., and Mühlhaus T. (2015). The Chlamydomonas heat stress response. The Plant Journal : for Cell and Molecular Biology.
- Hemme, D.*, Veyel, D.*, Mühlhaus, T.*, Sommer, F., Jüppner, J., Unger, A.-K., Sandmann, M., Fehrle, I., Schönfelder, S., Steup, M., Geimer S., Kopka J., Giavalisco P., and Schroda M. (2014). Systems-Wide Analysis of Acclimation Responses to Long-Term Heat Stress and Recovery in the Photosynthetic Model Organism Chlamydomonas reinhardtii. The Plant cell 26, 4270-4297.
- Mettler, T., Mühlhaus, T., Hemme, D., Schöttler, M.-A., Rupprecht, J., Idoine, A., Veyel, D., Pal, S.K., Yaneva-Roder, L., and Winck, F.V., Sommer, F., Vosloh, D., Seiwert, B., Erban, A., Burgos, A., Arvidsson, S., Schönfelder, S., Arnold, A., Günther, M., Krause, U., Lohse, M., Kopka, J., Nikoloski, Z., Mueller-Roeber, B., Willmitzer, L., Bock, R., Schroda, M. and Stitt, M. (2014). Systems Analysis of the Response of Photosynthesis, Metabolism, and Growth to an Increase in Irradiance in the Photosynthetic Model Organism Chlamydomonas reinhardtii. The Plant cell 26, 2310-2350.
- Schmollinger, S.*, Mühlhaus, T.*, Boyle, N.R.*, Blaby, I.K., Casero, D., Mettler, T., Moseley, J.L., Kropat, J., Sommer, F., Strenkert, D., Hemme, D., Pellegrini, M., Grossman, RA., Stitt, M., Schroda, M. and Merchant, S. (2014). Nitrogen-Sparing Mechanisms in Chlamydomonas Affect the Transcriptome, the Proteome, and Photosynthetic Metabolism. The Plant cell 26, 1410-1435.
- Mühlhaus, T.*, Weiss, J.*, Hemme, D.*, Sommer, F., and Schroda, M. (2011). Quantitative shotgun proteomics using a uniform 15N-labeled standard to monitor proteome dynamics in time course experiments reveals new insights into the heat stress response of Chlamydomonas reinhardtii. Molecular & cellular proteomics : MCP 10, M110 004739.